Member Editorial & Commentary
YES - Temporary
15755 West Rogers Drive
P.O. Box 510157
New Berlin, WI 53151-0157
Phone (262) 827-2880
Fax (262) 827-2899
The Business Credit Management Association Wisconsin, a professional service organization for those in credit management, collection and accounts receivable, provides many service tools to the companies it supports. Some of these services are credit reporting, collection, trade credit groups, an International Credit group, consulting and employment services. Employment services is an area where both temporary and permanent employees for member companies can be found. Employers supply their own job description The Association does not alter position description provided by its clients.
Companies post open positions they are looking to fill. Your Association is glad to help! Visit this page frequently to see positions displayed by companies.
If you are an employer visiting our website and would like us to post an open position for your company, please contact Darryl Rowinski, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information.
If you are a candidate who would like to apply for one of the positions listed on our website, or are interested in a finance or credit position, please submit your resume to Darryl Rowinski, at email@example.com. We are always looking to expand our pool of qualified candidates.
If you are interested in temporary and or part-time employment, please contact us at 262-827-2880. Many of our project, temporary employees have been with us for years and many others work for us on potential temporary to permanent opportunities. Call or email us at, Admin@wcacredit.org.
Contact The Association, to list your position
Current Positions - June 28, 2018
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Wauwatosa, WI)
Supports the order to cash process by applying Company collection policies and procedures in a manner that will result in the sound conversion of receivables into cash, while maintaining a minimum amount of past dues for assigned accounts. Provides customer support through proactive and diligent resolution of outstanding deductions and proper maintenance for each account in assigned portfolio.
Job Skills Requirements
- Monitors and processes collection of receivables for assigned accounts by ensuring that timely payments are received from existing customers
- Maintains customer collection files with pertinent documentation and documents collection activity as warranted and in accordance with policy
- Recommends, negotiates and carries out collection action plans for past due accounts
- Reviews and analyzes customer payment trends and makes recommendations for resolution
- Ensures proper account maintenance including account reconciliation, resolution of open chargebacks, credits and unapplied cash, processing credit memos within authority parameters and the application of necessary adjustments/offsets
- Keeps all key stakeholders, including Sales and Credit management informed of any problematic Accounts Receivable (A/R) issues
- Serves as a liaison with sales, the customer and any third party finance provider (such as floor plan) as needed
- Ensures full compliance with all Company policies, internal controls and the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Performs weekly review of over-credit line report and works with the Credit Risk department to mitigate over limit situations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proven knowledge of using finance and credit concepts, including a basic understanding of commercial/consumer law
- Ability to professionally consult with internal and external customers to resolve complaints
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse partners both internally and externally
- Well organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and demonstrates effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize
- SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience preferred
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and experience
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Minimum of three years experience in the credit or customer service field
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro® Ferris®, PowerBoss®, Allmand™, Billy Goat®, Murray®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
To apply, visit their website Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Credit & Collections Manager, (Dubuque, IA)
Develops, administers and controls credit and collection programs and processes for a $500 million public furniture manufacturer and marketer in Dubuque, Iowa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Partners with the internal organization to establish a credit policy and credit terms which appropriately balance outstanding credit risk with business opportunity
- Partners with the corporate controller and treasurer to develop, improve or implement collections policies and procedures to improve cash flow and reduce past due balances
- Oversees investigation and establishment of credit levels for all customers
- Supervises and controls all collections processes including the cash application to outstanding receivables
- Leads the effective and efficient execution of all credit and collections efforts by the company including resource planning and departmental cost controls
- Brings forward ideas and drives improvement throughout credit and collections processes and operations for the company
- Creates actionable and informative dashboards for management review on financial health of the company's customer base and receivables
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package, paid holidays, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities. EOE M/F/H/V
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related; equivalent experience in the payments industry may be considered
- 3 years' experience managing a team of individuals toward a common objective preferred
- Experience in payments, credit card, banking highly preferred
- Knowledge of bankruptcy and related protection laws and procedures to facilitate effective risk management and collections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders and work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams to achieve desired results
- Strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess strong attention to detail, high analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of implementing process improvements
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
SAP Experience a plus
To apply, visit their website Flexsteel Industries Inc
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Madison, WI)
First Supply® is a leading main channel wholesale distributor providing industrial customers and building contractors with an extensive line of products and services. First Supply features manufacturer product lines in the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, builder, waterworks, pump/well & septic, industrial and municipal markets. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, First Supply has more than 600 employees in 29 operating facilities serving Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and Michigan UP. The company has over $50 million in inventory and over $250 million in annual sales.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be based in Madison, WI and report to the Credit Manager.
- Count cash and reconcile to order entry cash drawer balance report daily
- Post payments from customers daily to their accounts in an accurate and timely manner, looking for any issues that can be addressed through cash application and mediate acceptable resolution with the customers
- Accurately prepare a bank deposit slip on a daily basis and provide the Finance Department with the bank transfer amount
- Contact customers concerning issues with their accounts and follow through with timely corrective measures under the supervision of the Credit Department Manager
- Account reconciliations as needed under the direction of the Credit Department Manager
- Make collection calls requesting payment of delinquent invoices
- Process Accounts Receivable adjustments and related transactions
- Process bankcards relating to account payments and apply them thru cash application
- Release orders on hold based on departmental criteria
- Generate unapplied cash, open credit memo and open service charge reports on a monthly basis; offset entries and review with Credit Department Manager for adjustments
- Research thoroughly and process lien waivers
- Pull credit reports for potential new customers and provide all documentation to the Credit Manager for review
- Other duties and training as assigned by the Credit Department Manager
First Supply LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. In order to be selected for the position, candidates must submit to a drug test with negative results on employment offer, the ability to be bonded as defined by First Supply LLC's fidelity bond insurance carrier, and have a valid driver's license and a driving record which meets underwriting standards.
- Minimum of one years of experience applying cash on a regular basis
- Minimum of two years of Accounts Receivable or related experience
- Computer knowledge and skills with the ability to learn First Supply LLC's business system
- Proficiency in ten key data entry
- Basic spreadsheet skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers in written and verbal formats
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to read, speak, understand and write English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
To apply, visit their website First Supply LLC
Credit Analyst, (Milwaukee, WI)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To support the customer financial services goals and objectives with-in the assigned market as outlined below:
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high level of customer service to our customers
- Ensure credit policy compliance
- Manage risks on A/R portfolio as determined by management
- Mitigate bad debt write off loss
- Maintain Daily Sales Outstanding within the industry norm
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with new and existing customers
- Assist the Credit Manager in credit decisions within defined parameters
- Act as on-sight Credit Liaison for Auer Steel
Marginal or Non-essential Functions
- Administers company credit application process for assigned area
- Responsible for record retention and managing customer files
- Cover assigned credit queue workload to ensure compliance to credit policy
- Collection activity on assigned segment of the A/R portfolio
- Ensure on-sight credit functionality is covered pursuant to company credit policy, consulting with or escalating to the Credit Manager when necessary
- Providing customer service within A/R, Credit, and collection area
- Resolve billing discrepancies; review and approve adjustments to accounts
- Perform customer account reconciliations
- Work with customers (phone or in person) to negotiate arrangements on past due accounts
- Take steps to maintain security interest on secured jobs
- Respond to credit inquiries
Place accounts to law firms when warranted and provide related records
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Record Tax exempt certificates
- Letter campaign
- Attend Industry Credit Group Meetings
- Other related duties as assigned by management
Interested candidates should submit their resume to David Hvidston.
- Post-secondary education in business or equivalent work experience in directly related field preferred and High school diploma required.
High degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills required
- Excellent negotiation skills required
- General office skills required
- Computer literacy required with sound data entry skills
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office and Excel in particular
- Experience with Epicor prophet 21 desirable
- Accounts Receivable experience required
- Previous work experience in a wholesale environment is highly desirable.
Credit Manager (Appleton, WI)
VF Outdoor, a division of VF Corporation, is proud to call Appleton, WI home, providing support for exciting VF brands including The North Face, Vans, JanSport, Timberland, Kodiak, Smartwool, Reef and Eagle Creek. Come be a part of a diverse team that values honesty, integrity and respect!
The Credit Manager role is part of the VF Outdoor Coalition Credit team that protects VF Outdoor Coalition assets while maximizing sales by establishing appropriate payment terms for all customers, ensuring the integrity of Accounts Receivable, and maintaining positive relationships with customers, sales reps and other internal departments. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
- Maintains DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) at acceptable levels by enforcing VF's collection policy.
- Keeps bad debt loss to an acceptable level by limiting risks with appropriate credit limits and terms.
- Ensures Accounts Receivable integrity by managing assigned accounts and the write-off of uncollectible balances.
- Assures equitable treatment of credit applicants by following all VF procedures, processes and policies regarding credit management
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars, reviewing professional publications and participating in trade organizations. Develops and maintains sources of credit and industry information by membership and participation in industry trade groups.
- Assists other departments by identifying operational problems through charge-back analysis.
- Maintains staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Insure control related standards and procedures determined by VF are followed.
Why should you work at VF?
- 10-12 years Credit management experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business with major in Finance or a Professional Business Credit Management designation or Accreditation.
- Experience in Credit Card Processing software, SAP, and Excel
- Full working knowledge of SAP systems
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent supervisory/leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Stamina able to be maintained to manage a work level that may exceed 40 hours per week.
- Must possess good judgement and ability to problem solve
- High energy and positive outlook
- Stamina able to be maintained to manage a work level that may exceed 40 hours per week
- High level of integrity
To apply, visit their website VF Outdoor
- Discounts on all VF products
- Casual work environment and amazing culture
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401K match - 6%
Credit / Collection Manager (Middleton, WI)
UW Provision Company, a family owned regional distributor of meat products since 1958 located in Middleton, WI is seeking a Credit/ Collections Manager. The Credit/Collections Manager is responsible for developing and administrating credit and collection programs. This position is responsible for oversight and investigation of credit risk in customers and advice on course of action for credit applications, and for monitoring and negotiating on the collection of overdue accounts.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date accounts receivable system that is standardized and accessible by others, in order to achieve customer follow-up, collection activities and allocation of payments
- Investigate customer questions, concerns and discrepancies, and communicate with effectively
- Document discussions with customers, sales staff, management and drivers regarding credit and collection issues
- Monitor and resolve customer accounts in non-payment status, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files that include both past and current activity and advise if continued relationship is beneficial for UW Provision Co., Inc.
- Develop policies, procedures and reports to support the accounts receivable goals and objections
- Conduct periodic review of all credit and collection procedures
- Supervise, delegate duties, and provide ongoing training, coaching, and evaluation of Accounts Receivable Clerk
To apply, visit their website uwprovision.com or you may also download our application. Print and complete it, then scan and email it to Karly Sandstrom, along with a cover letter and resume (if available). If you cannot scan and email, you may also mail your application, cover letter, and resume to 2315 Pleasant View Rd, Middleton, WI 53562.
- 5 years or more experience in Credit/ Collections
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
Adjustment Analyst (Milwaukee, WI)
Under direction of the VP and Credit Managers, has responsibility for all research, investigation and resolution for returns, credit memos, charge backs & deduction issues for a stated group of customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Issue and distribute Return Authorizations (RA)
- Issue various types of Credit Memos (RA, Pricing, Shortages, Markdown, Freight)
- Investigate and resolve all Charge backs and deductions. Work with account, sales force or other Weyco Group personnel as needed.
- Perform daily requirements to verify that billing processed correctly from the previous day by comparing the Shipping Charges By Order/By Container (warehouse report) with the Daily Invoice Register. If errors are found, make necessary corrections
- Create miscellaneous billings as needed
- Update retailers routing requests to make certain the latest information is available in the system
- Research and resolve all customer refusals (credit or reship)
- Investigate and resolve all price discrepancies
- Investigate all shortages for validity before giving to Tracing Department for tracers and proofs of delivery
- Help resolve customer (inside and outside) concerns/inquiries by performing investigation and communicating those findings. These could involve problems with items such as invoices, shipping issues or product problems/resolutions
- Match appropriate paperwork to prepare for documentation input and filing
- Work with reports as needed
- Serve as back-up for new account process including obtaining bank and trade references, trade/industry reports and any other available/pertinent information
- Serve as back-up for requests from other vendors for credit reference experience for our customers and provide updates for Flash Reports with industry trade groups such as
- Riemer Reporting Services
- Perform other duties as assigned
Two to three years experience in a deductions/charge back/accounts receivable function to include:
Organizational and Planning Skills:
- Research, investigation and resolution of problematic situations
- Experience with deductions and charge back type of environment
- Account reconciliation
- Established high level of accuracy
- High level communication skills in a customer service type of environment
- Basic negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of accounting and basic office procedures
- Must have working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Will also be required to learn software programs developed for The Weyco Group, Inc.
- Individual must be able to take initiative, be multi - task oriented, and function well as a member of the team
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment that requires a high level of accuracy, concentration and attention to detail
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and plan work schedule to accomplish the necessary objectives daily, weekly and monthly
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Kim Kesler.
- Patience when dealing with staff and customers
- Ability to remain flexible to changing work priorities and work load
- Able to take direction
- Accurate with details
- Able to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Must have strong, efficient organizational skills
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President - Credit
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Wauwatosa, WI)
Role Summary/Purpose In your role as an Accounts Receivable Specialist you will be responsible for Collections activities related to a GE business portfolio. You will manage collection and account resolution with customers of delinquent accounts, and provide customer service, develop payment arrangements, and assist in resolving customer complaints and problem accounts.
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Review aging reports and initiate calls to customers with past-due balances to arrange for payment.
- Initiate collection calls to major account customers, research and resolve past due/billing
- issues on complex accounts that have resulted in delinquent payment.
- Resolve customer complaints and research account discrepancies; analyze receivables data for customers.
- Forecast cash collections, evaluating and escalating issues to appropriate internal and external contacts.
- Perform routine accounting reconciliations, reduce account aging, and establish clear and concise communications; participate in presentations of account receivables information.
- Maintain call logs and expected payment dates.
- Evaluate if credit or debits need to be issued and rationalize payment plans with customers.
- Daily interaction with outside customers, including follow-up with customers when expected payment has not been received.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Minimum 2 years related experience in financial services and/or customer service
- Ability to build and maintain effective customer/client relationships
- Ability to manage through multiple systems and competing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate & negotiate with multiple stakeholders in order to resolve issues
- Experience with Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered (Internals via COS)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to comply with preemployment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Wauwatosa, WI
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Anyone interested can email
Sarah McIntyre directly. You can also apply
- Bachelor"s Degree
- B2B Commercial Collections experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to be pro-active and to think "out of the box".
- Maturity and a strong sense of integrity.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Strong cultural awareness